Beacon City Council Agenda
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Call to Order-Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
- General Business
A. Review Minutes from February 4th Meeting-
B. Treasurer’s Report –
C. Claims Report- IA League of Cities was paid last month, so this is taken off the claims. Also Sheriff’s bill for computers needs to be changed to $1517.56.
D. Sewer Report –
E. Water Reports –
F. Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter-
G. Sheriff’s Report-.
Motion to approve general business with changed to the claims report made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Richard Thomas, motion approved.
II. Old Business:
A. Hall Rentals- Two rentals in February, none scheduled in March.
B. Clean-up & Animal Control- Jim had a couple phone calls about dogs barking. He printed off the ordinance and talked to the owner.
C. Motion to approve 1st and 2nd readings made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Darrell Rust, motion approved. Motion to waive third reading of Waite’s made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Darrell Rust.
D. Budget-Nothing to discuss.
E. NICS/CIS Training-Jim has tried calling Jamie, he hasn’t called him back. Jim will go up to the office and try to get ahold of him.
- New Proposal for Run-off Election-Jim hasn’t found anything out yet, still working on.
- Light in Park-Light on basketball court side stays on until 11:00 p.m.. Needs to be turned off at 9:00 p.m. Jim will call Besco Electric and see what needs to be done. Council discussed putting in a new light and extending the light out further. Richard has a longer arm that he would donate to extend the light further. Will consult with Besco to see if light needs to be replaced. The timer needs to be re-set, Musco put the light in, Richard will ask Jen to see who we need to get a hold of.
- People burning trash at night-Since last meeting, no one has noticed anyone burning. Darrell has had two complaints of burning trash during the day. One complaint included a property owner burning too close to a garage. Darrell will take a copy of the ordinance to the homeowners to see if this will stop them from burning. Jill will send a letter to the one property owner with the copy of the ordinance.
- Recycling Bin-The recycling bin is back, it’s been too cold to paint. If it burns again, they will not bring the bin back.
- Pick-up sticking out on street-This has been taken care of it.
- New Business
- Leash law-Complaints about dogs running loose not on leashes was brought up. Letters will be sent to residents.
- Trash –Complaints about trash setting out. Letter will be sent to residents.
IV. Business from the Floor
VI. Next Scheduled Council Meeting April 8, 2014.
VII. Adjournment-Motion to adjourn made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Richard Thomas. Meeting adjourned.