Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 6:59 p.m.
- Review Minutes from April 5th Meeting-
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Claims Report-
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter- Three stray dogs were picked up and taken to the shelter.
Motion to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- Three rentals in March, four rentals in April.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- Spring clean-up is set for June 6th. The city wide garage sale will be on June 3rd and June 4th. Jim has noticed places where grass and weeds are getting tall. Dwight will be contacting one property owner. One of the properties was recently sold at a Sheriff’s sale, Jim will find out who the new owner is and contact them.
- Culvert on Flora Street- Council members have contacted contractors to bid on the project, however no bids have been received yet. Dwight will contact Troy DeMooney for a bid.
- Ditch on South side of Williams Street- Chris On’Thank will be putting in a bid to clean the ditches on Williams Street and near the church. Dwight will contact Shane Moore to see if he wants to put in a bid for ditch cleaning.
- 2nd Reading Cigarette & Tobacco Permit- 2nd reading of Cigarette and Tobacco permit. Motion to approve the permit made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved. Motion to waive the 3rd reading made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved.
- City of Beacon Memorial Gift for the Hughes’- Jim thanked the Council for their donations.
- Contractor Contract to Review- Jaimie created a City of Beacon Competitive Bid Contract similar to what the City of Oskaloosa uses. Council members reviewed the contract.
- City Clerk Training- Jaimie Williamson will be attending 4 City Clerk Training Courses in July.
- Update on Storm Siren Grant- All information requested from the USDA in order to release grant funds has been submitted.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, June 7th@ 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn the meeting made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Ron Kauffman. Motion approved. Meeting adjourned.