Beacon City Council Special Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 16th, 2019
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 6:58 p.m. Council members present: Dwight Teeter, Danny Fetters, Ron Kauffman, and Richard Thomas. Council members absent: Cecil Smith.
1. 412 Reid St- City Council discussed obtaining property as abandoned. Motion made to pursue legal action to obtain property as abandoned made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Richard Thomas. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
2. Sale of Property located at the end of Grant St- A Beacon resident is interested in purchasing said property. Property will need to be surveyed. City Clerk, Jaimie Williamson, will find out what the City needs to do to sell property.
3. LOST Ballot Language- Ballot language needs to be submitted to the Mahaska County Deputy Auditor by August 30th. Council wants to proceed with having LOST funds allocated 100% to the general fund.
4. Ditch Cleaning/Culvert Repair/Replacement- Council members will go around the city with Concrete Expressions this evening to identify where work is needed so bids can be submitted.
5. Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, June 4th at 7 p.m.
6. Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:29 p.m.