Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, August 7th, 2018
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. City Council members present: Cecil Smith, Ron Kauffman, and Danny Fetters. Council members absent: Richard Thomas and Dwight Teeter.
- Review Minutes from July 3rd, 2018 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report-
- Claims Report-
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Danny Fetters. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- 5 in the month of July.
- Clean-up & Animal Control
- June: 0 calls; 1 stray intake from public
- July: 0 calls; 10 stray intakes from public; 1 animal bite case
- Committee Reports- Mahaska County Emergency Management Agency will meet this Thursday, August 9th.
- City Code Codification- City Clerk, Jaimie Williamson, has submitted signed contract to codification company.
- Storm Siren- Motion to approve the second reading of Resolution 07-03-18 made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Cecil Smith. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Motion to waive third reading of Resolution 07-03-18 made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Danny Fetters. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Nuisance/Abandoned Property Abatement- A certified letter was sent to owner of 412 Reid St for violation of mowing ordinance on July 6th. The city mowed the property on July 24th. City Clerk will work with the Mahaska Co. Assessor’s office to get mowing fee assessed to property taxes.
- Ash tree in park- Ash tree has been removed.
- Trees on Sheridan Street- Council has received complaints that the trees are hanging in the road. Council will trim the trees.
- Alley- Joe Smith would like to close the alley between Darrell Rust and his dad’s (Walter Smith) property for an estate sale on September 22nd. Ron Kauffman moved to close the alley on Saturday, September 22nd, seconded by Danny Fetters. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Mayor Jim Hughes will notify Darrell Rust.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, September 4th at 7 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn made by Cecil Smith, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.