Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order 7 p.m. City Council members present: Richard Thomas, Ron Kauffman, Danny Fetters, and Dwight Teeter City Council members absent: Cecil Smith
- Review Minutes from January 3rd, 2019 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Claims Report
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by
Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- 2 halls rentals reported for the month of January.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- 1 stray intake reported for the month of January.
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter service contract- Council reviewed the FY 18/19 Animal Control Services Agreement. Motion made to approve the contract made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Dwight Teeter. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Committee Reports- No update
- City Code Codification- Sterling Codifiers sent a Proposed Table of Contents for the New Code and Ordinance List for council to review. Copies were presented to Council members to review prior to the next council meeting.
- Nuisance/Abandoned Property Abatement- The City of Beacon’s Article 9, Chapter 8 ordinance is the same as the City of Oskaloosa’s and the City of New Sharon’s.
- Public Hearing for approval of FY 2020 Budget- The mayor announced this is the time and place for the public hearing approving the fiscal year 2020 city budget and that citizens would now have the opportunity to comment. There were no oral or written comments received. The mayor declared said hearing closed.
- FY20 City Budget Resolution 2-05-19 entitled “A RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 ANNUAL CITY BUDGET”- Resolution No. 2-05-19 entitled “A RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 ANNUAL CITY BUDGET” was introduced. Richard Thomas moved its approval, Dwight Teeter seconded. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- 2019 Mowing- Jim’s Lawns has provided our city mowing services in the past. Mayor Jim Hughes will contact Jim’s Lawns to see if he would be willing to provide mowing services this season
- City Attorney Bids- The City received bids from Caldwell, Brierly & Chalupa, PLLC and from Dustin Hite with Heslinga Law Office for the position of Beacon City Attorney. Council reviewed said bids. Motion made to approve and accept bid from Dustin Hite with Heslinga Law Office by Danny Fetters, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, March 5th at 7 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:58 p.m.