Beacon City Council Minutes
Thursday, November 5th 2020
I. Call to Order- Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Members present: Richard Thomas, Dwight Teeter, Ron Ferree, and Tom Van Der Veer. Members absent: Ron Kauffman.
II. General Business
- Review Minutes from October 6th Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Claims Report
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Richard Thomas. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
III. Old Business
- Hall Rentals- The city is currently not renting out the town hall due to COVID-19
- Clean-up & Animal Control- October report not received yet. Terry Gott attended the meeting and reported that a stray dog in Beacon had bit a man on Sunday, November 1st. The dog has bit multiple people as this was not the first occurrence. Terry presented Council with a file on the dog. Terry said the City has to file paperwork with our attorney to deem the dog dangerous if the Council choose to do so. Motion made by Thomas Van Der Veer to present paperwork to attorney to get the dog deemed dangerous, seconded by Ron Ferree. All members voted in favor.
- Committee Reports- No Update
- Little Free Library- No Update
- City Hall Repair/Remodel Bids- Richard reported that Neal Van Egmond is planning on starting work this week or the first of next week.
IV. New Business
- 306 Sheridan Street Fence- Property owner not in attendance. Property owner has been communicating with City Clerk via email. Property owner may be interested in purchasing alley, City Clerk referred her to the City Ordinance.
- City Code Codification- Ordinance Article 1 Chapter 9- Council has found no discrepancies in the codification binder. Tabled until January.
- 2020 Annual Financial Report- due December 1st. City Clerk is working with the the Oskaloosa Herald to get published per the State’s requirements.
- 20-21 Snow Removal- Concrete Expressions submitted a bid for 2020-2021 snow removal services. He is not raising his rate. Motion made by Thomas Van Der Veer to accept Concrete Expressions snow removal bid, seconded by Richard Thomas. All members voted in favor.
V. Next Scheduled Council Meeting Thursday, December 3rd at 7 p.m.
VI. Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Ron Ferree. All members voted in favor, meeting adjourned at 7:41 p.m