Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Council members Cecil Smith, Dwight Teeter, Ron Kauffman, Richard Thomas, and Darrell Rust were present.
- Review Minutes from March 7th Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report-
- Claims Report-
Motion to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- There were four hall rentals in the month of March.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- Beacon Spring Clean-up Monday, June 5th– City of Beacon will be having the annual city wide garage sale June 2nd and June 3rd. The City of Beacon annual clean up will be Monday, June 5th. No tires will be accepted this year. Mowing/Weed Ordinance will be published in the Herald/Shopper- The mowing/weed ordinance reminder will be published in April. Review Article 14 Section 17 and Section 18- City of Beacon resident Brian Sheer was in attendance. Council reviewed Article 14 Section 17 and Section 18 in regards to leaving horse manure on public property. Darrell Rust has also received a resident complaint about the horse smell.
- Front St. Property- Ron Kauffman will follow up with Sheriff’s office to see when the property is schedule for Sheriff’s sale.
- MidAmerican Energy Franchise Renewal- Everything has been submitted to MidAmerican Energy, franchise renewal is complete.
- City of Beacon Entrance Sign- Council reviewed sign design.
- Guard Rail Repair- Council received and paid bill from Gullet Fence Co. Council has received reimbursement from insurance company.
- City Playground- Jim will go to Menard’s to price a new tree. Dwight to going to get more rubber mulch for the playground.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Thursday, May 4th at 7 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Meeting adjourned. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m.