Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. City Council members present: Richard Thomas, Ron Kauffman, and Dwight Teeter. City Council members absent: Cecil Smith and Danny Fetters.
- General Business
- Review Minutes from August 13th Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Claims Report
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- 2 hall rentals in the month of August
- Clean-up & Animal Control- 1 stray animal intake in August
- Committee Reports- No updates
- City Code Codification- No updates
- New City Hall- City Clerk had a conference call with the students assigned to this project. The students will come do a site visit this Friday, September 6th.
- 412 Reid Street- Public hearing was held on Friday, August 30th. The property has been granted to the City of Beacon. The legal paperwork will be processed over the next few weeks.
- 28E Agreement for Police Protection Services- 28E Agreement was approved by the Mahaska Co. Board of Directors. The 28E Agreement has been filed with the Secretary of State.
- City Election- Nomination papers are available from the City Clerk. The filing period is August 26th through September 19th. The election is November 5, 2019.
- Public Hearing for property legally described as:
A part of existing Grant Street as platted, lying between Lots Nine (9) and Fifteen (15) in the Plat of Irregular Survey of the Southeast Quarter (SE ¼) of the Southeast Quarter (SE ¼) section Twenty-two (22), Township Seventy-five (75) North, Range Sixteen (16) West of the 5th P.M. in the City of Beacon, Mahaska County, Iowa
The mayor announced this is the time and place for the public hearing for the sale of property legally described as above. There were no oral or written comments received. The mayor declared said hearing closed.
2. Resolution SFR 18-19 City Street Financial Report- Resolution SFR18-19 entitled “FISCAL YEAR 2019 CITY STREET FINANCIAL REPORT” was introduced. Dwight Teeter moved its approval, Ron Kauffman seconded. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Whereupon the Mayor declared said resolution duly adopted.
3. Blades for brush cutter- The blades on the brush cutter are worn. Dwight Teeter moved to purchase new blades for brush cutter, seconded by Richard Thomas. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, October 8th at 7 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Dwight Teeter All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:39 p.m.