Beacon City Council Minutes
Thursday, January 3rd, 2019
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order 7 p.m. City Council members present: Richard Thomas, Ron Kauffman, Danny Fetters, and Dwight Teeter City Council members absent: Cecil Smith
- Review Minutes from December 4th, 2018 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Claims Report
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by
Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- No hall rentals reported.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter reported 1 animal control call in the month of December. City Clerk, Jaimie Williamson, reported that we have not paid them for FY19. She has reached out to Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter to receive the services agreement for FY19 so the City can issue payment. Mayor Jim Hughes will follow up with Terry Gott.
- Committee Reports- No report.
- City Code Codification- No update.
- Nuisance/Abandoned Property Abatement- The Council will look at revising ordinance Article 9, Chapter 8.
- Telspar for stop signs- Mayor Jim Hughes ordered the telspar, road barricade signs, and cones from the Iowa DOT.
- Agreement for Library Services- Council reviewed the Fiscal Year 2019/2020 Agreement for Library Services from the Oskaloosa Public Library. For fiscal year 2019/2020 the cost of library services to the City of Beacon will be $2,596. Motion made to approve the 2019/2020 Agreement for Library Services made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Richard Thomas. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- FY 2020 Budget- Council members reviewed the 2020 fiscal year budget. A public hearing on the 2020 fiscal year budget will be held on Tuesday, February 5th at 7 p.m. at the Beacon City Hall.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, February 5th at 7 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Danny Fetters. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 8:26 p.m.