Beacon City Council Special Meeting Minutes
Thursday, December 12th 2019
- Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7 p.m. City Council members present: Richard Thomas and Ron Kauffman. City council members absent: Cecil Smith, Dwight Teeter, and Danny Fetters.
- University of Iowa Student Presentation on Proposed New City Hall Design/Layout- The University of Iowa Civil Engineering Students assigned to our project presented their proposal on the future city hall including location, layout, materials, etc via a power point presentation and display poster.
- Mahaska County Community Foundation Grant Opportunity- The Mahaska County Community Foundation has a matching grant opportunity up to $25,000. This will be discussed at the Council’s January meeting.
- Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, January 7th at 7 p.m.
- Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Richard Thomas, meeting adjourned at 7:58 p.m.