Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m.
- Review Minutes from May 3rd Meeting-
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Claims Report-
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter- No stray or animal control calls in May.
Motion to approve the consent agenda made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Richard Thomas. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- Three rentals in May. The city hall’s handrail will be painted this Friday.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- Spring clean-up was Monday, June 6th and volunteers were done by 11 a.m. A tree from the City Hall lot had to be removed as it was right above a sewer line, the council will purchase a new tree and plant it on the City Hall lot.
- Culvert on Flora Street- Council is still waiting on bids, Jim and Dwight are following up. Bids need to include the cost of three replacement culverts at least 16”, of which the City will be paying for one and the other two are the cost of the homeowner’s.
- Ditch on South side of Williams Street- Dwight is waiting to receive a bid from a contractor.
- 28E Agreement- Council reviewed 28E Agreement for law enforcement services. Motion to accept and sign agreement made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved.
- Mowing/Weed Control Ordinance- Mayor Jim has mowed a couple of properties. City Clerk, Jaimie, will be putting a notice in the Oskaloosa Herald/Shopper and will be posting a notice at the City Hall, Beacon Post Office, and Anderson’s Country Store.
- Front St. Property- Discussion held in regards to the Council acquiring the property to clean it up. The council will continue to pursue.
- LOST Tax- As of December 31st, 2016 Rural Water will no longer receive funds from us via the LOST tax. Council tabled for further discussion.
- IEDA Nuisance/Abandoned Property Remediation Fund- Council reviewed program information. Council members will check with homeowners to see if they would be interested in participating. Bids to demolish may need to be completed to help homeowners decide if they’ll be interested.
- Animal Control Services Agreement- Council reviewed the 2016-2017 Animal Control Services Agreement. Motion to accept and sign agreement made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved.
- Rural Water Report- Council reviewed.
- Shirley Mitrisin passed away. The City of Beacon will be sending flowers.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, July 5th @ 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn the meeting made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved. Meeting adjourned.