Beacon City Council Agenda
Tuesday – June 1, 2010. 7:00pm
Call to order: Mayor Maxwell called the meeting to order.
- Minutes of the May 4 meeting were reviewed by the council.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Sewer: Kevin Bork
- Water Reports:
- Elwood Hanna
- Shirley Mitrisin
- Justin Scholtus.
- Hall rentals
- Alley Ordinances revision
- Nuisance reports
- City Maps
- City of Beacon web page
- Establishment of regional Local Housing Trust Fund: there is no financial obligation to the city of Beacon. Ahead, Inc. is proposing this as a resource for cities to improve their communities. Council needs to approve the City of Beacon being a recipient/part of this proposed program.
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter
- Sheriff report
- Oskaloosa Water recommendations
- Changing of local option sales tax. If the City wishes to designate that the local option sales tax be to other than the water fund, it will have to be placed on the ballot and voted on.
- Bids received for road improvement coming into town
- EMC Insurance Claim filed
G.. Bill Williams and Associate regarding letter received
- Received for Information
- Mediacom adding KDMI (channel 6)
Business from the Floor:
Next council meeting July 6, 2010 at 7:00pm