Beacon City Council Minutes
Thursday, December 3rd 2020
I. Call to Order- Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 6:58 p.m. Members present: Richard Thomas, Dwight Teeter, Ron Ferree, Ron Kauffman, and Tom Van Der Veer. No members absent.
II. General Business
- Review Minutes from November 5th Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Claims Report
Motion made to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
III. Old Business
- Hall Rentals- No hall rentals.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- No update from City Attorney or Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter on Eric Brummel’s dog.
- Committee Reports- Motion made to appoint Richard Thomas to the Mahaska Co. Solid Waste Commission by Ron Ferree, seconded by Dwight Teeter. All members voted in favor.
- City Hall Repair/Remodel Bids- Remodeling is in process.
IV. New Business
- Debbie Fowler Trailer- Property owner not in attendance.
- 2020 City Street Inventory Update- There is no update to the map provided by the Iowa DOT.
- From the Floor
- Sheriff Russ VanRenterghem introduced new Sheriff Deputy Brandon Huseman who started in early November.
V. Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, January 5th at 7 p.m.
VI. Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Ron Ferree, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, meeting adjourned at 7:28 p.m.