Beacon City Council Minutes
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. All members present.
- Review Minutes from February 4th Meeting-
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Claims Report-
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter- Terry from the animal shelter attended the meeting. A dog has been running around town for quite some time. Jim has gotten in contact with the City Attorney regarding what we can do about this issue. Jim asked Terry if he could come through town a couple days a week to see if he could see the dog running around. Terry agreed to do that.
Motion to approve consent agenda made by Cecil Smith, seconded by Richard Thomas. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- Nothing to report. Council discussed buying a new thermostat for City Hall. Electric bills have been high and they think the thermostat may be to blame. Jim will pick one up.
- Clean-up & Animal Control-Discussed above.
- 2ndReading of Annual Budget Report-2nd reading of Budget Report done. Motion to approve Budget Report made by Cecil Smth seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved. Motion to waive the third reading made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Ron Kauffman. Motion approved.
- City Clerk Position-Jaimie Williamson is the new City Clerk.
- Water Rates-Jim will talk to Randy Pleima.
Next Scheduled Special Council Meeting Tuesday, April 5th@ 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment-Motion to adjourn made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Ron Kauffman. Meeting adjourned.