Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2017
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 6:58 p.m. Members present: Richard Thomas, Cecil Smith, Darrell Rust, Dwight Teeter, and Ron Kauffman.
- General Business
- Review Minutes from December 6th Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report-
- Claims Report-
Motion to approve the consent agenda made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Richard Thomas. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- There were four hall rentals in the month of December.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- There was one stray intake by the animal shelter in the month of December. Council members are still receiving complains about horse manure on city and private property. Darrell Rust will bring a copy of the city ordinance regarding this matter to the horse owners.
- Front St. Property- Ron Kauffman followed up with our city attorney, Jeff Smith. Jeff has the paperwork from the bank and is getting everything situated to take the property to Sheriff’s sale.
- MidAmerican Energy Electric and Gas Franchise Renewal- The two franchise renewal ordinances and resolution passed at the December 6th meeting has been published, along with the December 6th Once Jaimie receives the affidavits of publication she will get all items required from MidAmerican Energy to finalize the renewal.
- City Snow Removal-
- Williams Street Culvert Work- Work will be completed later in the year when the weather permits.
- Budget Report- Council members reviewed the 2018 fiscal year budget. The budget will be reviewed again at the next council meeting. Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, February 7th
Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Darrell Rust. Meeting adjourned.