Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Public Meeting Regarding Storm Sirens 6:30 p.m.
Regular Meeting 7:00 p.m.
USDA Grant and Storm Siren Application-Public Meeting May 5th at 6:30
- Call to Order-Mayor Pro-tem Richard Thomas called the meeting to order at 6:37 p.m. Members present: Ron Kauffman, Richard Thomas, Dwight Teeter, Darrell Rust, Cecil Smith. Absent: Jim Hughes
- Public Questions/Concerns-Jamey Robinson talked about the storm siren. Beacon was granted the full grant amount of $16,000. Jim Hughes and Jill Finneman signed the papers. The City will be responsible for approximately $3,000 for the installation of the storm siren. No residents were available for comment or concern.
Adjournment-Motion to adjourn made by Ron Kauffman seconded by Dwight Teeter . Meeting adjourned.
Regular Meeting May 5th-7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order-Mayor Pro-tem Richard Thomas called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Members present: Ron Kauffman, Richard Thomas, Dwight Teeter, Darrell Rust, Cecil Smith, Jim Hughes.
- General Business
- Review Minutes from April 7th Meeting-
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Claims Report-
- Sewer Report –
- Water Reports –
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter-One report of a stray. The animal shelter picked it up and called the owner.
- Sheriff’s Report-Jim talked to Paul about patrolling Williams and Sherman streets.
Motion to approve consent agenda made by Richard Thomas seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved.
III. Old Business:
- Hall Rentals-One rental in April, six rentals for the month of May. Jim brought up that Angie has been having problems with people who reserve the hall and cancel. Council suggested to re-word the City Hall Agreement to state that if they don’t cancel within a certain amount of time then the City keeps the $50.00 deposit. Jill will type up a new rental agreement that states if the person who reserved the hall does not cancel within a week of the time of rental, then the City will keep their deposit of $50.00.
- Clean-up & Animal Control-Richard brought up that there was a little dog running around town. Will call the shelter next time he sees it.
- Street Signs-The City received a letter stating that the grant they applied for was denied. Jim has talked to the David Matulac at the DOT inquiring about the grant. According to David, the grant has passed. Jim will continue conversations with David.
- E. Storm Sirens-Council needs to get bids for installation of storm siren. Jill will put an ad in the paper and Jamey will help with getting bids. Motion to approve taking bids made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved.
- New Business
- Next Scheduled Council Meeting June 2, 2015 @ 7:00 p.m.
VII. Adjournment-Motion made to adjourn meeting made by Richard Thomas seconded by Darrell Rust. Meeting adjourned.