Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, February 6th, 2018
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. City Council members present: Danny Fetters, Richard Thomas, Dwight Teeter, and Ron Kauffman. City Council members absent: Cecil Smith.
- Review Minutes from January 4th, 2018 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report-
- Claims Report-
Motion made to approve the consent agenda by Richard Thomas, seconded by Dwight Teeter. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- There was no hall rentals in the month of January.
- Clean-up & Animal Control- There was one animal control call and four strays picked up in the month of January.
- Committee Reports- Minutes from the EMA Commission meeting were disbursed to the Council. No other committee updates.
- 2017 City Street Inventory- The 2017 City Street Inventory has been submitted to the Iowa DOT. Brian Knutson from the Mahaska County GIS has also printed the council two large city maps. New Business
- Public hearing for approval of FY19 City Budget- The mayor announced this is the time and place for the public hearing approving the fiscal year 2019 city budget and that citizens would now have the opportunity to comment. There were no oral or written comments received. The mayor declared said hearing closed.
- FY19 City Budget Resolution 2-06-18 entitled “A RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 ANNUAL CITY BUDGET”- Resolution No. 2-06-18 entitled “A RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 ANNUAL CITY BUDGET” was introduced. Richard Thomas moved its approval, Ron Kauffman seconded. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Whereupon the Mayor declared said resolution duly adopted.
- Agreement for Library Services- Motion to approve Agreement for Library Services with the Oskaloosa Public Library and a payment of $2,520 for fiscal year 18-19 made by Dwight Teeter, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- City Code Codification Bids- City Clerk presented the council with two bids for the city code codification. Dwight Teeter moved to approve the bid from Sterling Codifiers, Inc for city code codification services, Richard Thomas seconded. All members voted in favor, motion approved.
- 2018 Mowing- Jim’s Lawns has provided our city mowing services in the past. Mayor Jim Hughes will contact Jim’s Lawns to see if he would be willing to provide mowing services this season. Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, March 6th Adjournment- Motion made to adjourn by Richard Thomas, seconded by Ron Kauffman. All members voted in favor, motion approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:52 p.m.