Beacon City Council Minutes
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Call to Order- Mayor Jim Hughes called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. All members present.
- Review Minutes from March 3rd Meeting-
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Claims Report- Motion to pay Jill Finneman $100 for her City Clerk duties in the month of March made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Ron Kauffman. Motion approved.
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter- No report
Motion to approve the consent agenda made by Richard Thomas, seconded by Darrell Rust. Motion approved.
- Hall Rentals- No report
- Clean-up & Animal Control- City wide clean up will be on June 6th.
- Culvert on Flora Street- Discussion held regarding getting bids from contractors to complete the work. Dwight Teeter will be contacting Shane Moore, Dustin Teeter, and Chris On’Thank to see if they would be willing to submit a bid. The contractor for the bid we accept will have to sign a contract guaranteeing completion of job by a set date.
- Ditch on South side of Williams Street- Discussion held regarding two other ditches and culverts on Williams Street. The culverts are the responsibility of the property owner, however council members will get pricing on the culverts to determine approximately how much the expense will be and inform the property owner of the approximate expense. The council may work with the homeowners on a payment plan, rather than adding it to the property taxes of the owner.
- 1st Reading Cigarette & Tobacco Permit- Motion to pass made by Ron Kauffman, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Motion approved.
- City of Beacon Memorial Gift for the Hughes’- Lois asked City Council members if the City would be willing to make a memorial gift contribution on behalf of Joan Hughes. Motion to make a contribution of $100 to St. Jude’s and $100 to the Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter made by Darrell Rust, seconded by Ron Kauffman. Motion approved.
Business from the Floor-
- Beacon Church- The Beacon Church is experiencing water issues when there is a lot of rain in a short amount of time. Jim will talk to the County to see if they will help alleviate the problem.
Next Scheduled Council Meeting Tuesday, May 3rd@ 7:00 p.m.
Adjournment- Motion to adjourn made by Cecil Smith, seconded by Dwight Teeter. Meeting adjourned.